Samstag, 19. Januar 2013

In the footsteps of Bruce Barnbaum


For Christmas, my son has given me the new book "The Art of photography" of Bruce Barnbaum. For several days i browse interested in the around 400 pages- tome and discover inspiration on each new page. I'm amazed that black white photography can be also used for landscapes and such beautiful results are possible. I didn't reactivate my darkroom-photography-tools again that lies dormant for years in the basement.
But on the computer you can generate on the basis of an average color photos a wonderful black and white photo using by Photoshop. Unfortunately the weather not ready to play with my wishes in the last few days and weeks. Constantly the sky is overcast, it is raining or even snowing.
In the past week, I've used the time on the way to work and my free afternoons to take pictures in the style of Barnbaum. A bracketing of three images are the basis of the edited photographs. In the first step, the exposure bracketing are automated run by Nik Efex HDR Pro and then processed in Photoshop elements 10. I tried to create a monotonous result . Single splash of color are preserved only in individual cases. If at some point once again, the Sun is shining, I will show more pictures here.





Because unfortunately the Canon 600D with lens does not fit into my coat pocket, i created the photos with the small Sony RX100 or with the Canon EOS-M with 22 mm pancake.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen